Welcome to Tierra Del Sol Golf Course, the center piece of California City. Tierra Del Sol is translated “Land of the Sun,” and we have plenty of it, with normally calm mornings and breezy evenings. Currently, we are renovating an outdated club house and restoring a challenging golf course, but do not wait until we are done. Our prices are reduced right now while this construction is ongoing. Our course is very playable, and the customer service is top notch. We would love for you to witness the transformation and appreciate the effort it takes to make it happen. We would love to have your feedback as well.
TDS Golf Course Manager
To create and maintain a social environment attractive to the community, an environment that draws people from all over to come and experience something special. When completed, the city will benefit by being the envy of the surrounding communities. People will want to make California City a destination for a relaxing vacation or home for life.
To attract both golfers and non-golfer to enjoy Tierra Del Sol’s grounds, food and people, and host events that boost community pride.
To develop the elements needed to establish and maintain a championship golf course and restaurant in the most cost-effective way, with California City’s value in mind.
• Improve irrigation coverage for areas of the golf course intended for play.
• Remove cap sprinklers in non-play areas including distance between tee boxes and fairway. (See red flags)
• Restore full greens to health and playability
• Restore and build up tee boxes. Including Tee Boxes for the Gold Tees
• Fill/top dress fairways and clearly define the cut of the fairways. (See white flags)
• Restore rough to a healthy mix to catch arrant shots and make the course more playable and competitive.
• Restore signage to identify the holes and direction of play.
• Manage the cattails in the lakes for visual and playable improvement.
• Clear the driving range and improve the targets for better practice and maintenance.
• Restore the cart paths
• Clean up non-play areas for proper drainage, beautification
• Remove sand traps that see little play and restore sand traps needed to protect the competitiveness of the course.
• Redesign of club house and restaurant in the planning stages.
• New Golf Cart Lease 30 carts in January to increase to 40 as play dictates.
• Products for sale on hold for new facilities, but limited products to meet daily needs are available and we can place orders for people.
• Rates are currently the lowest within a 100 miles and will increase with the improvements of the course, but will remain competitive with other courses of similar value.
• Weekly events to build a golfing community (TDA Men’s club +)
• New website to address what is going on at TDS. Includes Events-results-tee times-course overview-pictures etc…
• 2-4 major tournaments a year with sponsors to reach out to outside play to support the course.
• Golf clinics in the summer for kids and golfer wanting to improve their game.
• Host events in the new restaurant such as parties and conferences and weddings etc…